Bird's Nest Cookies
This post contains affiliate links - Disclosure here.
In honor of spring and my sweet tooth I made bird's nest cookies! Not only are they pretty adorable, they're very easy to make. You don't even need your stove! These aren't the healthiest, but as a once a year treat I'm not too concerned.
- One Box Frosted Flakes or Corn Flakes (depending on how sweet that sweet tooth is!)
- One 12 Ounce Bag Dark Chocolate Chips
- One 12 Ounce Bag Bag White Chocolate Chips
- One Stick Of Butter
- One Bag of Cadburry Mini Eggs
- Dump both chocolates and butter into large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in one minute intervals, stirring in between, until everything is mixed and completely melted.
- Pour about 3/4's the box into the bowl and mix until coated. You may need to add more if you still have a wet mix. You want the chocolate mixture to coat the cornflakes, not swim in them.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Spoon mixture into cups, until about even with the top of the pan. Use the back of the spoon to put an indent in the nest. Stick the eggs into the dent in the nest firmly.
- Put the pans into the fridge until cool and firm. The Cadburry Eggs should be stuck to the nests once the chocolate is cool.
- Store in the fridge or somewhere cool in a tightly sealed container.
PS: I tried to take one of the Cadburry Eggs of the cookie, but the bottom was stuck to the chocolate and it looked like something had hatched! :)
What's your favorite Easter or Spring treat?