I'm alive and well, I've just returned from a very nice tropical vacation (pictures to follow!), and am now dealing with a cold I picked up somewhere along the way. I'm also doing a bit of reorganizing in this blog, so things will be easier to find. In the meantime enjoy my super simple Paleo Cake!
- 2 cans of chunked pineapple (in their own juice or water, not in any kind of syrup)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Set oven to 350F.
- Drain pineapple well, dump into an eight or nine inch square baking pan, greased with coconut oil.
- Sift together dry ingredients into bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients with kitchen-aid then add sifted dry ingredients until fully combined and batter is smooth without lumps.
- Pour batter over pineapple, tapping pan on counter to discourage any bubbles forming. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick pulls clean and cake is golden brown.
- serve with paleo ice cream or coconut whipped cream!