Very Paige

Costumes finished!

Sewingpaige pComment

I managed to finish our costumes before the party we attended! It was in quite the mad dash though, at five I still hadn't attached the sleeves! But we did managed to make it to the party on time, and had a blast. Check out these horribly embarrassing photos of me to prove it. 

modified.jpg
996033_615054421871586_1953372314_n.jpg
1375915_615057188537976_1485887969_n.jpg
1378815_615056928538002_1422473449_n.jpg
553899_615056098538085_332039259_n.jpg

The dress itself is a heavily modified laurel pattern. I drafted the collar myself and just added bias binding on the sleeves instead of drafting cuffs. The fabric is a poly blend suiting, with a very subtle herringbone pattern. I think I'm going to put a tutorial up soon on how to draft and attache a collar, I found a rather neat trick that doesn't involve traditional facings! 

♥ Paige

I love reading your comments! If you also have a blog don't forget to put it in the comment form so I can check it out. Thanks for reading, you're the best! Disclosure Here.