Completed: True Bias Roscoe Blouse
I've had the roscoe pattern printed for a week or so. I actually sprang to get it printed at Staples (a whole seven dollars. Watch out, big spender here!) with the intention of sewing her off the shoulder pattern hack. I have plan on sewing that as well, but figured I'd make a wearable muslin to start. I knew this pattern would fit pretty well, there's a ton of ease and I've had amazing luck using True Bias Patterns and needing minimal adjustments. In fact, now that it's all sewn, the only adjustment I would make would be to add the tiniest bit of length to the pattern so the hemline hits in the perfect spot for my body. The pattern is drafted for someone who is 5'5"- being 5'8" I'm surprised I don't need to lengthen it more. To compensate, I did a hand-sewn rolled hem.
I used a mystery swiss dotted lawn I picked up from the now defunct Hancock fabrics. I used french seams throughout the blouse and they worked beautifully. I've also ordered my first custom clothing tags from The Dutch Label Co. and I love them to bits!