Very Paige

Completed: Sense and Sensibility Regency Short Stays

sewingpaige pComment

I whipped up the Sense and Sensibility Regency Short Stays this past week. I managed to use everything from my stash to complete the project! I do need to pick up some proper lacing cord, but the ribbon works in the meantime. The outer layer is an organic cotton, the inner layer is coutil, and the lining is a white on white printed quilting cotton. I bound the edges with self-made bias tape and worked the eyelets in a heavy linen thread. It fits me much better than my dress form. Even though my dress form is padded out, I still have a lot more "squish". I'm working on a new chemise currently, and will add photos of it on once I've completed that. It does come nearly closed in front, even though I sized down two sizes. I didn't add gussets, I feared it would be too large after my fitting. The strap placement on the front is a bit wonky- the folding that happens on my form also happens on my body. I might try and fix them soon- but I'm not sure how much time I'll invest in these, more of a temporary stays until I find time to get my corded ones done- with a proper busk to separate the ladies. 

These do give me an excuse to sew some of the regency patterns I've been hoarding, which is exciting! I've been trying to squeeze a historical garment in between every modern sewing project I've had. I think I'll much prefer a longer set of stays in the long run.

♥ Paige

I love reading your comments! If you also have a blog don't forget to put it in the comment form so I can check it out. Thanks for reading, you're the best! Disclosure Here.