Simplicity 5582 : A Second Run.

So I'm making two sets of costumes for the pre-1840's Rendezvous. I finished my friend Anna's Costume bodice over the weekend. It's the same as my mismatched plaid disaster (which I fixed btw, more on that later) and was much easier to piece together. It's lined with a linen-look fabric and trimmed with navy bias tape. 

I actually really like the process of setting grommets. The boning was basically the easiest thing ever as well. The only thing I don't like is how the peplum edge on the inside is sewn so the raw edge is on the inside of the garment. I might encase it if I get time after the event, but for now, no one would be the wiser.